Alphabetical stories

Scattering like light

14981498 views77 comments22 favs

He had long since quit listening to the incessant clanging of the bell. He stood, ringing the bell, squinting into the setting sun, nauseous from the car exhaust, his body aching for alcohol.

Scenario

614614 views00 comments00 favs

She was nice. From the first sight, I already knew that. Someone will easily recognize her eyes. Her eyes are playful. I like game. “If you'd been told that you would die tomorrow, how'd you do?” She asked. I had no…

Scene at the Courthouse

860860 views00 comments00 favs

Realization of one's ongoing decline. Not a bad thing.

Scene from the Clinic

971971 views11 comment11 fav

No way to know why she's here, but scars and scabs can hold more information than a file or chart.

Scene of Mostly Unwilling Players

974974 views66 comments33 favs

Chewing on peppered peanuts, thin flakes scattered carelessly around his squat, Father unfurls his turban and mops his clammy pate with an open palm.

Scene One

248248 views77 comments66 favs

.

Scenes From The Alternative Nativity

795795 views44 comments11 fav

The three kings decide to leave their kingdoms, all on their own without family, retainers, armies or servants, and wander about the middle east carrying valuable items.

Scent of a Woman - 55 word story

13371337 views1313 comments55 favs

She slipped into a silky sheath dress, and stepped into black sequined heels just as the doorbell rang. Her date had arrived to take her to his much touted Art opening in town. Reaching under the bathroom sink for a final mist of hair spray she realized too late…

Scent of danger

918918 views1010 comments55 favs

Sitting in the SUV awaiting the trooper behind us I felt a warning tingle.

Scents

11051105 views11 comment11 fav

"Ah, finally the rain stopped pouring!" She opens the window to let the sticky air out of the house. The colours outside have changed. The air is clear and the sky turns into light pink while the sun is drowning at the horizon. She takes a deep breath. The…

Schadenfreude

669669 views44 comments44 favs

It's 50/50 that you'll ever pad your knee enough to ever kneel on it. Your back hurts, the Orthapedist labels it arthritis. I think that means we're getting old, so I crawl up the tower of your body as I'm a little younger, more sprightly. You're a

Science Fiction

563563 views22 comments11 fav

This is the story of the metastasis of the national security state.

Science Homework

12431243 views22 comments22 favs

The difficulty of disabled parenting was predictable, but nothing could prepare me for having to say goodbye to my wife again on problem #7.

Scientists Find Sock Drawers in Disarray as New Year's Eve Nears

585585 views00 comments00 favs

Jeremy starts "dialing-for-dates" shortly after Thanksgiving to make sure he has someone to ring in the New Year with, but his scientific mind noticed a disturbing pattern after his initial round of phonecalls this fall.

Scoop

12741274 views55 comments11 fav

“What about the other groups coming here?” I ask. “Were they asked what they wanted in these houses?” She turns and looks at me, like I've suddenly come onto her radar.

Scooping the Fat of Time

984984 views55 comments11 fav

I lift up my sweatshirt and reach with a full fist into my belly button. This is where the fat comes out.

Scooter and Skipper at the Roman Colosseum

14741474 views1313 comments66 favs

We make our way into the Colosseum–excuse me, the Prince Spaghetti Colosseum–and take in the beauty of Italy’s national pastime; sadistic cruelty to wacko religious cults.

Scottish Independence

871871 views99 comments88 favs

with peaty aromatics, opened,/ and a welcomed sting, swallowed,

Scrabbled Sensitivities

13851385 views1010 comments66 favs

It was fun, until he started winning every time.

Scrambled Eggs and Sympathy Cards

802802 views44 comments00 favs

We spent that entire winter with shaky hands and shrunken egos.

scraps

884884 views55 comments55 favs

i’m trying to remember don’t all the best apples happen in September?

Scratch

13361336 views55 comments11 fav

'That November I washed my hair with rabbit's blood -"

Scratching into January, 2017

10561056 views1414 comments77 favs

Follow the money. It seeks/ the lowest of the low and finds them here/ in an embarrassing abundance.

Scrawls From My Blue Period

13991399 views44 comments33 favs

The following was written under disagreeable circumstances, in that I was present for them.

Screaming Woman - Excerpt

873873 views11 comment00 favs

Bree was mean as a bag of snakes and had done laid out most of the eligible bachelors in Culloden County at one time or another to the tune that at this point no man who’d heard of her wanted much truck with her.

Screen Saver

866866 views00 comments00 favs

Carl was tight with stress, he is the lead architect and developer on a new condo in the newly gentrified section, DUM-AS, (which stands for Direct U-turn from Manhattan-Almost Scary.) Carl’s condo is one of a pair of new condo’s erected at the same time

Scuffle

17901790 views1818 comments1111 favs

Last Christmas Eve, my Nana shot my grandfather in the foot because he wouldn't stop boning the woman up the street.  So on Christmas Eve, after Nana drank a bunch of those baby-sized Miller Hi-life beers, she went upstairs, got her pistol, and said, “I'm gonna…

Scum

14381438 views66 comments55 favs

I am in the bad habit of telling people they are the scum of the earth.

SEA BIRDS

935935 views1111 comments22 favs

They frequent the open oceanbut not on this daythis day is dark and dank after aheavy rainstormI wait for them to come back tothe waterthey don't comeI wonder where they hide duringthe stormthe gulls don't fit in tree holesso where, where are they?

Sea Bubbles

911911 views66 comments55 favs

"I don't know why you say good-bye, I say hello."--The Beatles Things fall from the clouds. Things fall from thefloor. Maybe through, maybe all the way.Everyone argues for their homeland.Someday I'd like to hold your hand. I'mstill dreaming. I hope it continuesto rain…