Alphabetical stories

Pearls

892892 views33 comments00 favs

You're trying to attract visitation in a small quarter with pearls in both your lobes. Only half of what you say is true. The red lipstick shines through like a brad on white paper, a voice, soprano. The half I tend to appreciate squanders & squalls. This is the ride…

Pebbles

629629 views00 comments00 favs

On weekdays the two walked,The man in front and the boy always behind,Away from the borrowed house and the kachina dolls inside.Neither of them said anything.The boy thought of things that just wouldn't come out,and the dirt road was always just wet enough thatThe man's…

Pebbles Against Empire

848848 views77 comments55 favs

Whatever you have,/ we can monetize it

Pecking Order

902902 views11 comment11 fav

My first time all started with the girl on the bench. She had those perfect eyes, you know the ones, where you see them and you just can't help wanting to take everything she has on her. Those kind of eyes. And I saw them first. I was the first one there that morning at the…

Pectoralis Minor

12501250 views11 comment11 fav

Her thumbs tucked beneath the waistline of her pants, slightly pulling them down to expose the eternity between belly button and bliss. I looked up at her as I slid my tongue along the rail of her hip, sucking at its point.

Peeg and Brie (opening of a teen novel)

18671867 views33 comments11 fav

TEXT TO VICKY This sucks! Sorry for the teen-speak Vicky, but it does. You saw me in the hospital. It's just as bad at home. They still don't know what to do for my smashed voice box. I probably won't ever speak again. (Maybe with a mechanical thing lik

Peeling Onions

18131813 views88 comments66 favs

I was in the kitchen peeling onions. They stung my eyes, and perhaps I was crying. I heard my dear husband run into the room and turned with the knife in my hand.

Peeping to See if Spring has Sprung

795795 views44 comments11 fav

as if someone had spilled a bag of perfect diamonds on the world.

Peer Review

10981098 views22 comments00 favs

Joseph K. ran a publishing house in the shadow of the Castle. Perhaps “publishing house” is too grand a title. Joseph K. kept a battery of six or seven (depending on repairs) manual typewriters, a crate of carbon paper, and a large stapling machine

Peg

9191 views00 comments00 favs

Peg searched around, his fingers caressing Jim’s leg through the fabric, and took Jim’s dimes and quarters. Peg paused, searched around still more, and took Jim’s nickels and pennies. Peg gave Jim’s balls a little squeeze.

Peggy Guggenheim Visits an Operation

11631163 views22 comments22 favs

To pay the bill.

Peggy Guggenheim Visits her Favorite Question

20972097 views88 comments88 favs

Q: “How many husbands have you had, Mrs. Guggenheim?” A: “D’you mean my own, or other people’s?”

Peggy Guggenheim Visits Picasso's Bathroom

21312131 views1515 comments88 favs

The goddamn artist. This was her fourth inquiry, first visit. Her eyes fluttered shut as she leaned against the cold porcelain.

Pen and Ink on Paper

12131213 views2121 comments88 favs

...ancient answers for new questions.

Pen Pals

992992 views1414 comments1010 favs

Sitting together at Starbucks, we composed a long love letter which we've been mailing back and forth to each other, signing our name upon each receipt and returning it for the last nine months and it has grown to eighty seven pages, barely fitting in a shoe box.

Penny

997997 views22 comments00 favs

I saw a woman stop, Stoop on the platform To pick up a penny, And wondered what it was worth To her, that disruption, That eddy in the flow of the day's rush. One hint of brightness, A tiny windfall And something changed. Lucky heads…

Penny Candy

10581058 views1111 comments55 favs

Thank you for the flip book with the woman dancing, bird wing elbows, knees this way and that.

Penny cosmogony

12221222 views1111 comments77 favs

On his knees he divinates diverging lines with belly laughs he levitates the rebel spheres into geodes .

Pension Plan

757757 views33 comments22 favs

Let's put a cork in this drain.

Pentagon City

15441544 views1313 comments88 favs

I had been in bed for a couple of days and by this I mean sleeping for fifteen or sixteen hours at a time. I don’t think that I believed in God anymore. I no longer knew how to stay awake.

Penultimate Vampirekiller for 2024

978978 views00 comments00 favs

". . . Stinkin' vampires, death to all of ’em, them and their plague-festerin' rats. But the new ones, I don’t mind takin’ ’em down before gettin’ rid of ’em. —But you’ll never get that smell off o’ you if you use only one condom, I’m here to tell you . .

People

871871 views00 comments00 favs

Good kid. Awesome job in big cities. Travels a lot. Enjoys Martinis and G&T. She's a romantic. Spends her time online trolling people into submission. Likes softcore porn. Sets cats on fire. Collects stamps.

People Called Our Windows Art

12441244 views55 comments88 favs

Mama hung them everywhere. It started with just a few, in our apartment and outside on the brick. She made walls into windows.

People Get Haircuts

708708 views22 comments22 favs

like they are trying to not get noticed by fickle death. It clearly marks them in a targeted way. Very ironic. Here's the only message I want you to ever have from me : quick, scramble like a monkey with a stolen banana in your tiny hairy…

People of Walmart

888888 views77 comments66 favs

You look at me with that contemptuous smirk while I'm here in Walmart dressed in sweats and house slippers, sloppy, a bit fat, trying to figure out which electric toothbrush to buy.

People Watching and Missed Opportunities at the Bus Depot

925925 views00 comments00 favs

It's not actually about blow jobs, sex, or coitus of any kind. You probably won't like it.

People Who Go to Poems for Truth

10421042 views1010 comments66 favs

People Who Go to Poems for Truth

People's Park at Night

793793 views11 comment00 favs

“You got a cigarette, man?” “Hey, mister, you got a cigarette?” “You got a cigarette, mister?” “Hey, mister, you listening to me? You got any spare change?” The voice was coming from the…

Peppercorns

595595 views1010 comments55 favs

Fertile bodies eye/ the space you occupy,/ impatient for disappearance.

Percentages

13511351 views44 comments22 favs

There’s a problem with falling for a mostly straight girl. And by mostly straight, I mean, when you and I met at the Christmas cocktail dress-up party a year ago, you in red spandex with white fur trim and me in my straight-from-work black slacks and grey