Alphabetical stories

Meditating on a Bottle of Salad Dressing

318318 views77 comments33 favs

There's a man in a Mackintosh reading Harper's Bazaar, I think many things are bizarre, I think the possibility of things not being bizarre is bizarre. Sometimes I'll have a great notion, doesn't everyone? I dreamt I fought in the civil war in the…

Meditation on a Pomegranate

174174 views1010 comments88 favs

.

Medusa Song

18191819 views1818 comments55 favs

She scrambles the eggs while the baby howls at her knees. To drown out the racket, she hums as she jabs her fork into the yolks. She enjoys the way they spill their yellow color and swirl into the whites. She matches her tune to the schook, schook, schook of the…

Medusas

11671167 views22 comments11 fav

I didn’t kiss Odgeir because I fancied him, I kissed him because I knew other people fancied him.

Meet Cute

845845 views00 comments00 favs

This had the unintentional effect of me picturing her in a tight white top and tiny orange shorts. From up close like this, I had clearly misjudged her earlier. She could definitely be more than the quirky best friend in my movie.

Meet Robert Grady

698698 views55 comments00 favs

Robert had chopped his hair and grown a soul patch since I'd last seen him. He was tanned, the hair on the top of his head was spiked, and some gray specks were creeping in on the hair on the side of his head. Had…

Meet Your Happy-Go-Lucky Poet

729729 views66 comments55 favs

"Time is an ocean, but it ends at the shore. You may not see me tomorrow."--Bob DylanThey're writing poems, but not for me. Guess I'll write one of my own. For nobody that I know now. It's a pretty lonely world for someone who sings, not you, not with…

Meeting Adjourned

11711171 views22 comments11 fav

Once a month I fuck the boss. It’s not part of my job description. We have a meeting in her office, after thirty minutes she opens the door to what appears to be a storeroom but is actually a well-appointed fuck chamber ...

Meeting for a Drink

10661066 views11 comment11 fav

But the profligate are blameless now Those who conflate sex and love the way dumber animals mistake heat for light have moved freely back to some primal zone where if I’m felt to be contradictory to the surroundings it’s because I wanted t

Meeting Sandra

12501250 views33 comments00 favs

His mouth went dry, but he managed to say, coolly, “Just how would you like me to do that, Sandra?”

MEGACROCODOG

865865 views22 comments22 favs

The Church of Chimera, which has tentacles in most cities, would like you to accept the existence of MEGACROCODOG, invisible possessor of the largest penis imaginable. You are promised an afterlife of bliss, as long as you pray to MEGACROCODOG and say his penis is the…

Mel Brooks Eats Crispy Bacon

9797 views33 comments33 favs

Gorillas with Picassos form charcoal memories Van Gogh leaves his legacy in forgotten fields Astrologers approach the sea of false jealousies And Mel Brooks eats crispy bacon

Melancholy

10781078 views77 comments44 favs

I went to the lake,to our spot. there were daffodils there.i smiled at that, then cried a little.you want to hear something funny?they scare me. they are so, so yellow.they scream caution.I almost keep walking, but the sun is out, and I am…

Melancholy Happiness

12221222 views99 comments44 favs

It's only 4 lines.

Melancholy Wrecks

191191 views00 comments00 favs

In the weeks that followed she told haunted stories...reaching out to touch her reflection and finding it clammy, a summer of unending menstrual thunder, a year she spent somewhere safe with polished metal mirrors.

Melanie

11011101 views66 comments00 favs

But now she was no longer the little girl.

Melliflua and the Fauns

19171917 views44 comments33 favs

In the land of Nebbia, the mistiest part of Etruria, it was the month of Agnosto, when anything can happen, and Melliflua was pondering what to do about the fauns.

Melodies with an Octopus

10561056 views22 comments11 fav

The supervisor, sensing the fear in me, pats my hand and says "Never you mind! This is normal in the tomato. Every few days we rile up, make sauce, and regrow again. Have you ever been in spaghetti sauce before?"

Melons

11151115 views00 comments00 favs

A baseball bat a large pipe a hammer and axe

Melt

898898 views11 comment11 fav

I returned from work three days ago to find an enormous cube of ice set in the middle of my living room floor.

Members of the Story

10001000 views99 comments88 favs

Pinesatz is standing again. He and Marie seem unaware of time, unaware that Louane is watching them, unaware of waiting for Wendy with the car. Every glance is a hook. Every gleam is a glance. Every stanza is a room. She vies for it.

Memoir 2.0

922922 views33 comments33 favs

His friend Boner, who was more accurately a friend of Milo, who was a friend of his cousin in Dubai and who had, up until this post, seemed to share thoughts in common with him, posted, “Holy Shit, Dude! What’re You On?”

Memoir 2.1

11091109 views77 comments66 favs

Anyone thinking they aren’t alone on life’s journey has their head up their ass.

Memoir 2.2

640640 views22 comments22 favs

Just after Al snapped the shutter the fucking monkey tried to tear his face off.

Memoir 2.3

987987 views33 comments33 favs

Coffee comes in KCups and you can't fight five wars at the same time.

Memoir 2.4

10421042 views88 comments77 favs

He invited her in for a Martini and she graciously accepted.

Memoirs from a Book

664664 views00 comments00 favs

I know you want to hold me. I won't break. I love you. Your hands - when they caress me are soft and gentle. My words speak only to you. They speak of love and of how we spend…

Memorial Day

12881288 views1111 comments77 favs

War came home tonight. We weep and hug, while he stares over our shoulders, like the statue we'll make of him. We pour a drink for his shaky hands, wheel him past his friends the dead, and lie to each other about other, far off places as if we knew.

Memories

10731073 views1313 comments1111 favs

I stomped up the steps clearing my shoes of snow. I was wearing my Rooskie fur hat with the ear flaps, and I kept it on when I went inside.

Memories of the Beach

779779 views99 comments11 fav

The smell of Coppertone Suntan Lotion always brings back memories of the beach. I remember you rubbing it on my stomach and you kept moving lower and lower. I had on a bikini bottom (very daring) and you rubbed your finger all along the rim of it just a