Alphabetical stories

Klarheit oder Genug

11131113 views55 comments55 favs

F.B.I. then or: "I said later 'for a boob job' and imagined her, a public lawyer, wandering Arizona on foot unable to hide a Playboy-Mansion style rack."

Klonakilty

977977 views1414 comments1313 favs

Magdalena White Herrington praised the lucky stars who’d sent her the Klonakilty ghosts.

Klondike

13141314 views22 comments11 fav

"How could anyone say that I was wrong, that I was crazy?" These thoughts scraped across her mind and tore open the reasons she had knitted herself into over the years.

Klout

10681068 views33 comments22 favs

while you peed on that little old lady's begonias

Kneecapping the Muse

550550 views66 comments33 favs

In 1997, I was exploring a used bookstore in Camden, New Jersey, when I stumbled across a two-volume hardback copy of The Dictionary of the Khazars by Milorad Pavić, a book I had been meaning to read since it came out in 1984. At $10.00 for the set, I couldn't pass up…

Knees of the Dragon

10291029 views11 comment11 fav

I never could run properly. It’s kinda hard when you’ve got scales all over your body and a big fat tail that gets in the way.

Knell Quarternion

12861286 views11 comment00 favs

The Jester sat down on the edge of his mattress. He laboured to bring one gout ridden leg up to lay across the other. The jingle bell at the tip of his pointed toe mocked each serrated movement of his limb with a jaunty tinkle. He grabbed his ankle to arrest its…

Knock Knock

887887 views33 comments22 favs

The bad moods crash the door down like an overzealous SWAT team and wreck the furniture. The good moods arrive unannounced.

Knocking off the edges

888888 views22 comments11 fav

The chipping sound started around the time Susannah reached puberty. Not all at once, it was just now and then at first.“What's that noise?” she'd say, and everyone would cock their heads to listen. Her mother eventually took her to the doctor. He said it…

Knot Eye

18521852 views2525 comments2020 favs

The diagnosis was peculiar, the doctors agreed, / but so was the condition

Knots

805805 views44 comments11 fav

She sees her first husband on the bathroom floor, ingrained in the wood.

Knott Travel

978978 views22 comments00 favs

The next post card was of gondolas in Venice. “Have never not enjoyed ourselves less,” wrote Sylvia. “Sylvia can be hard to please,” said Angelynn. “Those boats could use a coat of paint,” I said.

Knowing

656656 views33 comments33 favs

I come here, to this very spot for a reason. Imagine — the illusion of knowing what is and is not. The contentment drops taste — one could suppose — like that.

Knowing

22572257 views5050 comments2121 favs

She was a big woman, a massive, misshapen tree of a woman, wrapped in a rain-coat the size of a tent. She wore a cap on her head, its beak peeking out, drops of rain slipping of its edge like so many pieces of transparent candy.

Knowing the Ending

653653 views00 comments00 favs

“No!” Shouted Jon. “I don't get it!” Clarissa stared at her hands in her lap and tried not to cry. She knew it was her fault they were there. She was the one who cheated. But she could not understand why Jon wanted, no needed, to…

Koch Brothers

995995 views1111 comments99 favs

When Chuck dies, I’ll throw/ a party and dance, a little drunk,/ across what I’ll pretend/ is the old shit’s grave.

Kog Zadare, only living person...

709709 views00 comments00 favs

The poems and the Lies of Zog the Obscure It was said of old, shut the doors, close the windows; get into the spaceship and eschew mankind and every earth and like Neitszche put it "wipe away the horizon with a sponge".Negative 272°C (or Not Yet Absolute Order For These…

Koo, The Queen of Nowhere

10491049 views44 comments00 favs

Koo ate the sad, bitter pills just so she wouldn’t have to try and make small talk about La Donna’s deformed, retarded kid.

Kracton Commons

973973 views00 comments00 favs

Without light it is black.

Kraken

776776 views22 comments22 favs

A likeness borne in silk, rich contours of canvas giving life to the seascape.

Kraków Correspondence

10251025 views44 comments11 fav

The SS and Gestapo began rounding us up, at least those who aren’t registered, those without yellow cards, today. Rumor has it they got at least 1,000 and took them to the camp, to the barracks. I tried not to watch and only listened, only heard some of t

Kramer vs. Kramer

13391339 views1111 comments77 favs

Kramer wraps himself around Kramer’s legs, from behind, then lifts him and tips him up and over and down, per their rehearsed routine.

Krauts and Doubts

106106 views77 comments44 favs

Moral Dilemmas at Harvard

kroy hearts destiny

13021302 views1212 comments1212 favs

r luv iz gud enuf 4 a tat2

Kung Pao Turkey

16061606 views88 comments66 favs

It was my grandmother's idea of a joke, but I never realized she was joking when she repeated it every Thanksgiving. She would sit at the head table just before Uncle Leon would carve the bird and ask, "It's an American holiday. Shouldn't we be roasting an eagle…

Kurosawa's Rain

13331333 views22 comments22 favs

The rain fell from the roof. It fell from my voice and and my eyes. Toshiro's Kukichiro stomped gutshot through the mud with his katana. Young and beautiful, Mifumi died there on the screen though he doesn't really die for fifty or more years, they think from something…

Kwaazy Wabbit

872872 views44 comments33 favs

destroy the day rip up the track jump in the water eat nothing but bugs

Kynik; or, Doggerel I

824824 views00 comments00 favs

Can't you go faster Said the disciple to the master Won't you speed up the car I know that you're loaded And I've already goaded You into crashing through the star But we need To pick up more speed As we break past all the flames So we might soon demise In this…