Alphabetical stories

I Wonder About the Trees

11481148 views66 comments55 favs

I stole forth dimly in the dripping pause

I Would Make the Worst Cable News Anchorwoman Ever

12341234 views1717 comments1414 favs

I'd laugh, cry, splutter with confusion or outrage. I'd probably say “Duh” a lot, grow pale, flush, and wink at the viewers. I'd furrow my eyebrows, raise one or both, and my eyes would narrow, widen,…

i wouldn't give two cents for somebody to love.

978978 views66 comments11 fav

money ain't nothin next to lovin.

I Wrote a Book

12811281 views44 comments22 favs

About halfway through reading some book that was supposed to be some really deep shit, I decided to write my own book instead.

I'd Be Happy To Date You When Hell Freezes Over -- One Single Librarian's Collection Of Online Dating Profile Turnoffs

17631763 views1111 comments99 favs

Dude -- I DON'T want to date your boat!

I'll be Home for Christmas

11701170 views2121 comments66 favs

She hasn't called me in days. Before calling her, I search my memory for something romantic to say. Shakespeare's Sonnet 73 says exactly what I'm thinking. But she doesn't need to hear it. She already knows, as all human efforts come to an end, my core energies are tapering…

I'll be Home for Christmas - 2

12041204 views1616 comments66 favs

Warning: contains sexually suggestive comments.

I'll find you - A Dedication to Mathew Paust

579579 views1717 comments1212 favs

Matt was among those rare creatures; an ideal kind of reader ...

i'll give you a large sum of money for finding my kite. thanks.

993993 views11 comment11 fav

sometimes we saw it in the sky. we'd stand on invisible stairs trying to reach it. running like frightened geese. we were going to catch up with it. grab onto its string. pull it down.

I'll Show You God

642642 views33 comments44 favs

...the room was filled with a brightness and a breeze, making you think you were up in the clouds.

I'll take anyone

991991 views33 comments00 favs

Plus women can be really sexy when their horny and plump with baby envy. If I could make a hard-on I’d like to be around for that.

I'm a Bohemian-American

706706 views55 comments11 fav

My first and so far only visit to my homeland of Prague was first described to me by a tourist guidebook, which laid out many of the fundamentals one must follow while travelling there. It was pointed out, for instance, that we would be “unlikely to encou

I'm a Clown in His Circus

904904 views00 comments00 favs

He called me Jay. I called him Dr Corvid. Until the very end, we lived alone. We had no use for any other companionship. I was Dr Corvid's finest achievement until he perfected his Disintegration Ray. I was the first working prototype of Project Novus.Dr Corvid created me…

I'm a Man of Few Words

16991699 views1515 comments1010 favs

Of only there were more like you, I wouldn't be changing careers. And my drawings would still be in magazines, instead of on strange people's rears.

I'm an alien, I'm a legal alien

12621262 views00 comments00 favs

You can’t start living in The Netherlands just like that; you need to be registered first. Once an official has confirmed you’re the person you claim to be, you can start in a job. Once an employer has confirmed you’re employed, you can apply for yo

I'm Despondent, Yes...

638638 views00 comments00 favs

Do you remember who Laura S was? She was the one who tore out Shel’s heart. (It so happened that she was one of Lynda’s closest friends, and knew all her secrets.) Shel started seeing a shrink after Laura dumped him, and he would go around s

I'm Dreaming of a Nihilistic Christmas

10681068 views66 comments44 favs

The mind sparkles with Shakespeare. It's like hearing the rain fall. The world becomes silent and dark and the rain becomes snow and falls like snow and rests on the ground like snow and informs the mind with the values of heaven. A distant oboe pins its sympathies…

I'm Drinking This Cup Of Coffee (A.K.A.) I've Never Smoked A Joint

11851185 views33 comments33 favs

I thought about how chocolate or an hour massage, can almost trump sex. Then, I bought a chocolate bar and ate it all, without consulting the serving size. It was dark chocolate, 82%, worth it in the short term--- mmmm. I thought about getting stoned.

I'm Dying! And I Didn't Make The Bed!

13601360 views1111 comments99 favs

Five years ago, on January 15, 2009, Flight 1549 took off for Charlotte, North Carolina and, 3 minutes later, made an emergency landing in the Hudson River, with no serious harm to anyone but the geese who caused the problem. (They were liquefied into something…

I'm Face Blind. Who The Hell Are You?

11721172 views66 comments66 favs

The real problem with being face blind isn't that you can't recognize faces. It's that people expect you to be able to.

I'm Feeling the Monkey Around your Neck Isn't Quite Listening

26972697 views2828 comments2121 favs

The sky's hand's so big andso vast that it takes ourhuge sun at the end of day and squeezes it downto a perfect diamond--just like Supermanwith a lump of coal-- poof!--obliterates it. And it's gone.Next day it's seen floatingaround everywhere again,like an…

I'm Going Either Way

396396 views33 comments33 favs

Will you join me kneeling in a Homegoods parking lot

I'm Hoping, I'm Reaching

686686 views99 comments44 favs

I'm hoping, I'm reaching, I'm scratching the sky...

I'm In Love With Mr. Yippee!

11421142 views22 comments22 favs

“Why is there a gigantic sex toy sitting on your dining room table?” Mark asked recently. “That's not a gigantic sex toy,” I said. “It's a Wahl Hot & Cold Therapy Massager.”“Which is?” “An Advanced Pain…

I'm Just Not Interested

791791 views44 comments11 fav

in making your sad blown apart hearts rise up and squeeze out the kindness juices ever so sweetly anymore. Tried that. Didn't work out too well, not for me, wasn't a BIG time of waste, but did eat up some important wee…

I'm Never Going Home

963963 views66 comments44 favs

After the ship stopped shaking, the angry flashes of warning lights discontinued, a few people could be heard sobbing or whispering prayers.

I'm No Chickenshit

10041004 views00 comments00 favs

Would a chickenshit leave her like I did yesterday?

I'm Not Emilio Estevez

344344 views1313 comments77 favs

Here was the situation, as I recounted it to myself: somehow, I was trapped in some unearthly dimension where Baltimore, actor Emilio Estevez, and myself had somehow collided in a big cartoon scrum complete with onomatopoeias and clouds of dust.

I'm So Glad

757757 views44 comments00 favs

The boy had decided he needed to sell his music equipment—the p.a. system, his amp, his compact organ. His band had broken up and wasn’t going to get back together. He was leaving town at the end of the summer, to where exactly he didn’t know yet.

I'm Still Here

913913 views22 comments00 favs

During the night and in the fog of halfsleep Ben shifted and felt the weight of Miranda gone from him, the bed empty. In the quiet of the house he thought he heard a footstep and the soft shutting of a door, and as his eyes searched the dark he…