Alphabetical stories

gathering

777777 views1717 comments1010 favs

the moon tops the monolith

Gator v. Funky Worm: Which Office Party Dance to Choose?

976976 views00 comments00 favs

It’s that time of year. The combustible mixture of booze, poinsettia corsages and the soulful sounds of Eddie Venturi and the Fastidians will cause people to get up and dance at holiday office parties who have no business doing so.

Gauntlet

778778 views00 comments00 favs

They bury their own.

Gay Paree

12001200 views1212 comments99 favs

I had a crappy room on the fourth floor of a crappy hotel.

Gaza Suite

10061006 views1414 comments1111 favs

Tender bodies sizzle on the grill.

Gaze

543543 views00 comments00 favs

to think of him looking at me / for he to be I and I to be he / it is almost unbearable / to occupy two bodies at once—

Gazpacho

12041204 views55 comments33 favs

It's a pretty strange feeling when you think you're about to bite into some ice cream and instead it's gazpacho.

Gears

749749 views00 comments00 favs

I would like to land youLike a paper airplane,Take you home to mom. I like your mom &, sheWants to sleep in the sameBed as me. Call it odd. I give you a head nodin the museum, we speakin code. Call it news.I have the blues. Nobodydoes it like you do, to me,for us, in…

Gecko

711711 views1212 comments77 favs

“Hrrumph!” was almost audible as she turned/ to sniff behind the chifferobe for fresh/ green trophies.

Gee, If Only We'd Known!

984984 views11 comment11 fav

As soon as those planes hit the buildings on September 11, it was pretty much all systems go for Cheney's long-planned Iraqi invasion. But first he had to shitcan an aide who showed him in detail how Iraq would eventually…

Geek Love

709709 views1010 comments44 favs

We’ve clicked/ and tapped ‘til dawn/ and our exhaustion meet,

Geek Squad

802802 views66 comments66 favs

Big hair shoulder pads hell no.

Gehryspeak

10131013 views55 comments66 favs

IN nature, it's hard to find a straight line. Stand on a beach. Look out to sea. There out far you might think you see a line where the sky comes down to join. Where two fields of blue meet. But where you're not quite sure for the line is a blur there. You…

Geisha Doll

978978 views1111 comments11 fav

I imagined cool, wet clay oozing between my fingers when I'd squeeze a tight fistful.

Gemini

11361136 views99 comments44 favs

Not many people like Geminis.

Gemma's Story

13171317 views1414 comments77 favs

I respect mom, she survived cancer and all while she was pregnant with me, but something about getting through all that crap made her heart tough, like an over-cooked piece of beef, and no one likes meat you have to chew forever.

GENE WILDER

878878 views44 comments33 favs

I saw you hold her as if you were copy writing a ball of yarn

Genealogy

10951095 views88 comments77 favs

You are an heiress to drunks. The statues of your forefathers stagger, memorialized by gravity, their faces half-lit eternally, as they reach into refrigerators for another something to keep away the cold empty.

Generation Blues

905905 views66 comments11 fav

A Satire We are the Social Justice soldiers, we parrot platitudes and lies, And expect you all to worship the same things we idolise. We ignore Islamic extremism and domestic terrorism too, Because we are Cultural Relativists whose brains are up our…

Generational Loss

16711671 views55 comments00 favs

I realize most automatonical authors stick to non-fiction, but if my work bears any resemblance to real automatons or events, I assure you it is purely coincidental.

Generous World

827827 views55 comments33 favs

perhaps because it knows that time’s a solvent/ and dissolves all things in time.

Genesis

840840 views22 comments00 favs

Nothing came of the dust.

GENESIS

10591059 views00 comments00 favs

And God said unto the oil can: “Thou art cursed above the cattle, and above every beast of the field. And deep the ground shalt thou go.” “Mother,” said the oil can, “fucker!”

Genesis Serpent’s Skin Found

11541154 views55 comments55 favs

This may be too religious for you, as at first it was so with me. But I assure you, on my scholarly integrity, I have found the Genesis Serpent’s skin! Yes, that Genesis Serpent--though just a leftover piece of him,

Genesters

955955 views44 comments33 favs

There once was a lake skipping stone and it skipped, five times, the end... Ceiling fluorescents brilliant in the white space opened to the exterior of the Hog n' Bluster hero shop through the narrow glass front and shown out to the empty brick paved commons of…

Geneviève's Voice

10441044 views55 comments22 favs

Maybe this very short story is about shyness. Maybe. I'm not sure.

Genius

904904 views66 comments44 favs

It was entirely my fault, misreading signals. I have a clumsy imagination, mistook your gushing about my boobs as a soul connection. Then you said something about us being lovers in a past life, and I remembered Bobby Bubion from high school, his strategy for…

Genius

825825 views00 comments00 favs

Everything I write is gold, he mused. My words spill onto the page like ambrosia, nectar of the gods, filling an empty vessel with immortal life.

Genocide City Zone

10121012 views00 comments00 favs

Welcome to the genocide city zone I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay We've been killing folks here All the live-long day If you want to join us You'll have to pay the price Your soul's the cost, so ante up C'mon and shoot the dice Welcome to the genocide city zone …

Gentility

934934 views00 comments00 favs

The walls of our shanty were of the standard corrugated rusty metal typical of communities like ours.We did our cooking over a Bunsen burner purloined from the Catholic Boys' School - beans mostly. We did our drinking from bottles of Thunderbird or Old Crow (when…