Alphabetical stories

Diana

864864 views11 comment11 fav

Dreams were all she ever had, all that ever comforted her. Diana. But then there was Rachel. And Diana forgot about her dreams, because there was nothing but Rachel. At first it was nothing but innocent phone calls, plans to meet up for coffee…

Diana and the White-Haired Moon Goddess

946946 views22 comments11 fav

I’ll bet You got bit by Snake Charmer Boy And your world fell out from under you

DIAPERS FOR HORSES: AN AUBADE TO A LOST COCKATIEL

13211321 views55 comments55 favs

And besides, since winter is coming, the dying clammy ground cherry makes a good Pilgrim hat for the fieldmouse. We found one the day after you left, at moonset, in the garage, building a nest with toilet paper in the air filter of the car.

Diarrhetic Discharge (w/Edgar Allan Poe)

15011501 views00 comments00 favs

That Orndoff! I'd like to shove that pipe of his up his arse.

Diary

11041104 views66 comments55 favs

Ivan was used to explosions, but this was high in the sky. He was on his back between tall sunflowers that grew infinitely in all directions. The blast made the flowers bow their heads. Bits of debris fell from the blue sky, some shiny, trailing fire or smoke. The boy…

Diary of a Bolshoi Potato Dancer

962962 views00 comments00 favs

“Is that an erect annual plant in your codpiece, Mr. Flax, or are you just glad to see me?”

Diary of a Bolshoi Potato Dancer

608608 views00 comments00 favs

Today is the audition for “The Bright Stream,” and I believe I am in tip-top shape to win the prize role–potato carrier! To train, I have been hauling rocks up the stairs to my apartment.

Diary of a Lost Girl

24132413 views44 comments33 favs

They were all in love with tortured musicians, 22-year-old geniuses who hanged themselves after making one perfect album. The musicians generally lived in England. It was safer that way.

Diary of a Marriage

17761776 views2020 comments77 favs

Well, it’s a cold dance we dance this morning. You are up at the crack of dawn and the bed is empty even before you leave. I pretend to sleep so I can revel in the delicious morning ritual I know will be ending soon. I hear you brew coffee, shower, tal

Diary of a Marriage (2)

12541254 views44 comments00 favs

I don’t know what to make of this new territory we have stumbled into neither by accident, it seems, or design. Is there a map to be found?

Diary of an Angry Psychologist: Wednesday’s Appointments

20752075 views1010 comments11 fav

--New Patient: Pearl, 48, 15:00 PM Pearl is not her real name. Her real name is Stella. Pearl used a fake name to get past the intake screeners. Pearl is my ex-wife.

Dick Be Gone

13051305 views33 comments22 favs

One thing about being a musician—more specifically a drummer—struggling against the cost of living—more specifically the cost of living in the Bay Area—is that I will do just about anything to earn money.

DICKEY DEW

22672267 views3030 comments1717 favs

One of my father’s friends never had a name so everyone called him Dickey Dew because he said that’s what everyone called him after he got his balls shot off in Vietnam. I used to sit on his lap while they played five card draw and he would pretend no

Did I Tell You I Have Stripes On My Socks?

14061406 views88 comments55 favs

Kids are fascinated by me. Adults look the other way. Maybe it's my size. Or maybe it's the stories in the newspapers.

Did you ever kill someone?

10071007 views22 comments11 fav

Well, yeah but no one that wasn't pointing a gun at me, mostly. I shot at a lot of people but there were only three times when I can honestly say I know that I blew someone away.

Did You Get Two

11351135 views44 comments33 favs

“106 more miles,” she said.

Didn't I always let you have one of my cigarettes?

13021302 views2222 comments1212 favs

I liked the taste in my mouth, mint and cigarettes and fresh and filthy.

Die for the sunset

527527 views22 comments11 fav

You say very little when all is ready, the coffee and all, and afterward, during the ride, and even less as suddenly thirteen women pile in.

Die for the sunset

849849 views22 comments33 favs

we get back to discussing how long a year is although no one talks about what a woman is or a man and they are just there. rocking chairs rock. sitting and spinning, just like spider’s spin waiting for him – to make a coffee.

Die Zwischenwelt: The World as It Is and as It Is Not

658658 views99 comments44 favs

These philosophic notions floated in my head for years and eventually helped inspire my pursuit of basic information in contemporary physics, astrophysics, astronomy, and cosmology when I was not reading or writing fiction or verse.

Diet Plans

817817 views22 comments11 fav

She positioned the mouse cursor over the word Bikini and double clicked. The hard drive of the ageing work PC chugged into life as an Excel document dragged itself onto the screen.

Dig

15781578 views99 comments44 favs

Every morning, the children dig holes for their parents. This is both necessary and beneficial: the kids need to dig and the parents have to be buried.

Dig That Girl!

14471447 views55 comments11 fav

Leave your dog and your dog-eared lovers at the door. I smile at the bouncer, pay my ticket, and wink at a slasher chick. She gets pumped on heavy metal gods and Kwaito

DIGGING

10241024 views1515 comments77 favs

The steady sound of shoveling for the past three hours would have woken her, should have made her come to the window...

Digging

10061006 views22 comments11 fav

I came to a field where, scattered around, were quite a few men digging holes

Digging a Hole to the China Sea

15521552 views2323 comments1313 favs

Could sampans fall upward, sailing from the bottom of the Earth? If so, which way would their sails bend—up, or down? And would the strange China Sea follow suit? Would salt water geysers spurt from the hole we dug, flooding the streets of Seattle?

Digging In The Darkness

852852 views11 comment22 favs

I dig with no light to guide the aim of my shovel but the stars peeking through the trees which are fuller now then when you went away.

Digging Pablo

852852 views11 comment11 fav

They’re exhuming Pablo Neruda To put his old bones to the test Determine if he was murdered At the Capitalists’ request.

Digging Up Bones

12411241 views33 comments22 favs

So I'm digging, clawing the black earth, disappearing in its ore and shadow.

Dignity Village, Portland

10861086 views1111 comments99 favs

A cheap pocket knife was the only sharp I carried in my backpack and they allowed me that. The man with the pot tattoo on his neck said, “All of us here needs some type of knife. You gotta cut up your food. We don't…