Alphabetical stories

A Life

12761276 views44 comments33 favs

Born, he stood up. He wore nothing as often as possible

A Life Lived In Outline

942942 views22 comments22 favs

He began life as we all do, an almost indeterminate blob. Ultrasound sonar plotting his outline on screen. The echo chambers of his beating heart dispelling the ectoplasmic impression of mere ghostly existence. His rudimentary …

A Life of My Own

15141514 views2222 comments99 favs

You don't make money worrying about other people's feelings. I learned that from my father at an early age. He managed rental properties, which I, his daughter, now own. He wanted a son, so I became one.

A Life of My Own - 3

10021002 views66 comments33 favs

My father seems anxious about my gender orientation. I grew up looking like a boy, acting like a boy. He bought dresses and girly stuff for me but he avoided making an issue of it until recently.

A Life of My Own - 4

11211121 views1010 comments44 favs

"Middle class workers and working class poor and the unemployed will soon be forming a revolutionary movement to break this stranglehold of corrupt elites."

A Life of My Own - 5

10701070 views33 comments11 fav

angels give them names of important people, people under the control of evil demons whose influence must be negated at all cost if humanity is to survive into the future and achieve its ultimate potential.

A Life of My Own - 6

10001000 views33 comments11 fav

. . . my mind stops idling, kicks back into gear . . .

A Life of My Own - 7

982982 views22 comments11 fav

The park is filled with tents, tarps, and supporting structures, along with hundreds of diverse individuals seeking a common focus, wanting to make a difference, expressing an abundance of opinion, verbally and with signs.

A Life of My Own - 8

966966 views77 comments44 favs

I'm not sure if he's right or not but he has a gorgeous smile, he's charmingly self confident, and he's very persuasive.

A Life of My Own- 2

13641364 views1010 comments33 favs

He wanted me to learn the business, to become the son he always wanted but never had. I eagerly complied.

A Life Twice Told

26702670 views4343 comments2727 favs

Walking to work, Lawrence Settler was struck by a bus as he crossed a one-way street.

A List of Ways I Have Failed to Express My Love for You

11421142 views44 comments44 favs

The gaudy belt buckle I got you, which would have been well-received except that you hate gaudy belt buckles.The custom t-shirt I made for you using iron-on felt letters that generously enhanced the shape of your breasts in a way unfit for public display.The wedding…

A Little *PSYCHOTIC* —

472472 views00 comments00 favs

[um ... "howza 'bout another piece of, chocolate CAKE ... ?? #tammyBAKER #tammyBAKER #AYE #AYE ]

A Little Bird That Sings and Itches

750750 views44 comments11 fav

I guess it was a foregone conclusion that you would be gone at the end of the year. A foregone conclusion that you wouldn’t be coming back, and that after you began writing letters to Sharon saying what you would do to her when you did come back in th

A little bit of babysitting

898898 views22 comments11 fav

Roy Williams was his real name. It had been for the last 15 years. Since retiring from the Firm he’d lived innocuously in an apartment near the Old City walls of Dubrovnik doing the occasional quick job for them. You never entirely retired from the Firm.

A Little Bit of Syrup

13011301 views55 comments33 favs

"I made up my mind then, in the backseat, sucking on a cherry Popsicle, that I wanted to be like Ruby’s mother..."

A Little Evil Will Do You Good: Kansas City Jazz

12991299 views55 comments22 favs

When the Borgias ruled Italy they had murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love and 500 years of democracy, and produced the cuckoo clock.

A Little Fishing

13441344 views88 comments66 favs

Len and I sit on Harpo's porch, drink beer and gab. It's hot, even for July. Len and I joke and laugh, and Harpo stares off into the middle distance.

A Little Fishing

11541154 views1212 comments99 favs

Harpo sits and looks at something I can't see. I drink beer and ask him questions. I ask him how they found the cancer. Backache, he says. He went to see a doctor.

A Little Idea

10901090 views22 comments22 favs

I have reasons to believe she’s been stealing.“ “Stealing what?” “Steaks.” “Steaks?”

A Little Load of Paint

11221122 views66 comments55 favs

Cézanne sags during a moment of paint. There is an umbrella in the room whose surface collects his thoughts. Outside, in the rain, the grass and garden smell strongly of spring. Fruit litters the table. Light through the window writhes in conversation with shape and…

A Little Lotion Talk

11091109 views77 comments44 favs

They were obviously having some secret beach affair.

A Little Man on a Rainy Corner

966966 views55 comments33 favs

He is sitting in the infinite rain and the water is making him some infinite silhouette

a little passion among them

723723 views22 comments11 fav

A reddening? A certain swelling, a little passion among them, is there? What lips would not have given what they could, to speak more boldly, more fondly of you now? But now the country is fastened to arrogance, welded to it in an evil way, wanton with violent…

A Little Peace

10381038 views99 comments33 favs

One night we were invited out for dinner, and we got into a knock-down, drag-out that afternoon. My wife got so angry I had to hold her down on the bed.

A Little Piece of Humanity

11641164 views33 comments22 favs

It wasn't meant to happen like this— the shutter, the feeling of breathlessness when he touched her shoulder, even after he had pointed out all of the things she had done incorrectly throughout the day. They had been married for five years in February, and as…

A Little Piece of Meat

12651265 views99 comments44 favs

I didn’t have toothpicks. You looked at me as if it summed up everything about me.

A Little Wine (to put you in the idle reverie)

567567 views44 comments44 favs

Amused yet? It doesn't matter and that doesn't meananything. But eternity in hell is just another knifethey use to keep you looking in the wrong direction. We can have fun. Please don't let them break your heart like that. They do their jobs because they no…

A Locked Door.

987987 views22 comments11 fav

I look at that wall, it has piss-stain yellow paint and water scars from several years of leaky pipes. I say I wouldn’t mind that, if he took out some of that wall.

A Look In the Mirror

10461046 views55 comments44 favs

...That flash of horror as well as the lie that replaced it were mirrors of sorts and both told the truth.